The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

I DID IT!!

I have been feeling like I really want to see if I could actually walk the 5K. After all, the big day is only 4 weeks or so away.  I have decided that I am not going to run even a part of the race. When I do run, my heart rate shoots up to almost 160 and that is just too fast. Plus, to be honest, it really tires me out. So a fast walk is about what I can do. So I met Carey after lecture over at AC. And off we went.

We did the first 2 miles on the big track, but as the sun set the bugs became pretty active. I even swallowed one! YUCK!!!   So for the last mile we did the inside quarter-mile track 4 times. I was so proud of my self. It took me 67.25 minutes to do it.  Given that when I stared it took me 36 minutes to do 1 mile, I am very happy with my progress.

Here is a picture of me and Carey when I finished!! - Jo Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment