The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Poor Little Body

So yesterday I met up with Carey at our WOC gym after work. I decided that I would do some training on the elliptical. The treadmill can be a bit boring after a while. So I did 5 minutes on the elliptical. OMG!! What a very different experience. Then I finished my routine 20 minutes on the treadmill. I don't know what was up with me but I decided to run a little bit as well!!

Well let me tell you, today my poor little body is really talking to me. My upper arms and shoulders are killing me. Just typing this hurts. And my back isn't terribly happy with me either.  I have taken ibuprofen  but imagine rest is what is needed. After I feel the pain, though, I start to laugh because when I think that it was from exercising that I hurt, I find it funny. Before I did this program I NEVER in a million years imagined doing this. I am so glad that I decided to take this challenge. (Thank you, Kevin). Glad I work for a place that cares about their employee's health.


Anyway, I think I will rest; but tomorrow if the weather stays nice, Snoopy is in trouble and we will walk to McDonald's again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment