The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Ending my 5K Avocation

If you are a reader/believer of the Astrological horoscopes, you are probably thinking, “That is typical of an Aries; they begin strong, then fizzle out.”  Regrettably, I must drop out before I even begin official “training” for this 5K.  I won’t go into details, but the pain in my back is telling me to take a step backwards for now and allow time for healing.  I may be able to walk the 5K in October because it is still 10 weeks away, but I certainly will not be able to run it.  Additionally, I want to give one of the 30 people on the waiting list (who actually can take advantage of the running training) a chance to get in on the sessions from the beginning, which is next week.
I will be there on October 5, cheering on all my friends, and hopefully walking the distance myself.  So to those of you in training, keep up the great work!  I want to thank many of my friends for supporting me through private notes and calls: you know who you are.  Amy Campbell provided this quote for me to use here from Mary Kay Ash:  “You can keep the goal, but change the date of the goal.”  So for me, this goal is postponed until perhaps next year.
Patty Wright

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry, Patty. You were working very hard toward a successful completion of the 5K. Your physical health is more important than a 5K! You are NOT a quitter. We know that.

    Heal first, then resume walking. Think of what you have already accomplished!

    Marne

    ReplyDelete