The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

July Has Been a Challenge

Life certainly has a way of challenging us. I began the month with the loss of my father on the 2nd. I have learned that even with what might be expected, it is still difficult to push on, and it is especially hard to take time for yourself.

So, needless to say, my running routine was disrupted. I have been out a few times in July, but only for a total of 8.7 miles. I will say though that the few times I have had time to run that it was actually refreshing. Maybe this stuff is good for the soul.

Here is a quick recap of where I have been. Through June, I continued my routine of combining running and walking. I have been successful increasing the duration of running time. I haven't really kept track of the running or walking time, other than I know over the course of three miles, I will usually only walk a few times and the duration of the walk has been less. In June, I logged 33 miles of run/walk combinations and 12 miles of pure walking, which was the warm up and cool down for the run/walk combinations. My best time for 3.14 miles was 29:25 still with a bit of walking in the routine. I will confess that I did that on a high school track, so it was flat, even terrain. Regardless, I was pleased even though that isn't a good time in the running world I am happy with the progress. Depending on the day, I continue to be somewhere around 30 minutes plus or minus.

So far, in July, I am way under the pace I was on in June and hopeful that I can get back on track making time for myself. I have had tremendous support over the past few weeks from family, friends and wonderful coworkers. I am fortunate to have them all. I am moving on...and back to some running.   

Kevin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment