The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Life is Getting in the Way

So now I have a logistical challenge to figure out in order to make my training for the 5K happen. This logistical challenge is personal, professional and community oriented.

About 2.5 months ago or so my husband David was laid off from his job at the Cumberland Times-News. It was totally unexpected and needless to say we were both shocked.  David gave up his career so I could pursue mine here in Cumberland. He is a TV news/Talk Show Director/Editor and there just isn't much calling for that here in Cumberland. So he has done a variety of things since we moved here 10 years ago and the newspaper probably had the closest atmosphere to TV the he could find.  I am sharing this with you because job loss is one of the most stressful things to go through and we all know from my earlier post what my reaction to stress is.....I EAT!!!!!!  

So after much discussion David has decided to go back to school at ACM for a Certificate in Medical Coding. We think it will take him about 18 months since it has been a looooong time since he has been in school. And he found a position at Spherix where they are flexible and can work with his school schedule. He will begin in Aug once we return from vacation.

But this means lots of changes for me in my schedule. David will be going to school in the day time and working at Sperix till 9 every week night. Up until now David has been able to be home by 6 to let the dogs out and more importantly give Victoria her evening insulin injection if I am not home by 7pm. All that has to change. There truly are weeks where I don't make it home till 9pm.

I am on 4-5 boards, President of one and VP of one, and I play cards every other week. And the once a week 5K training class goes to 8:30pm. And I was trying to fit in training 3 times a week. I won't bring up my hair and nail appointments because I don't want to deal with all your eye rolling. LOL!!

So I am trying to figure this out because I HAVE TOOO!!  I will NOT allow myself to hide behind these logistical issues. Anybody know a doggie sitter that could help me and would not be afraid to give a shot to my baby dog daughter??

- Jo Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment