The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Friday, August 23, 2013

We had class last night. Adam, one of our dietitians, did a great job talking to the class about proper nutrition for our bodies as we gear up for the 5K. But wouldn't you know it, just as we were finishing up, the weather turned ugly. Winds, rain, lightening and hail were on its way. You would have thought it was the 10 plagues coming to Cumberland!! So we were not going to run. I was actually disappointed, especially because Carey from Wellness was meeting me. 

Well, I got in touch with Carey (thanks, Brenda), and I asked her if she would meet me at the WOC gym. I was NOT going to miss my training night!! (Wait a minute....is this really ME talking). So we met up over at the gym. And I tried something new.  I went on the stair stepper!!! How cool was that. I think I actually liked it better then the treadmill. Now I could only do it for about 2 minutes because the top of my thighs felt like they were going to catch on fire!! LOL!!  So then I switched to the treadmill. I also met some new people that are in the class who came over to workout as well.

I must admit I am enjoying this a lot more than I thought!! As a matter of fact, I am already thinking about how I will need to do something after October so I keep on  "running!!"

- Jo Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment