The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Monday, August 12, 2013

So I am back from vacation and looking very forward to joining the class this coming Wednesday. As you know, at least those who have been reading my blog, my goal is to finish the 5K. Walk, run or crawl I am determined to finish. I have never done anything like this before and have not been able to get myself into formalized or sustained exercise. But perhaps I am seeing just a glimmer of what this can mean to me.  So far I have lost 23 pounds since I have begun a serious commitment to get to my goal of weighting 199.9999999 (that is onederland in case you want to know!). And over my vacation, thanks to my sister-in-law Elizabeth, I have walked with a purpose any time I walk. None of this lolly gagging strolling for me! LOL!!  So it really paid off. As you know from my first blog I had weight loss surgery but things had stopped for me and now with the introduction of 'walking with a purpose' I am losing weight again! Yeah!!

When I left for vacation I was only able to do 0.8 miles and it took me 30 minutes and I could not go on.  I was on the treadmill at our gym at the WOC on Thursday and am very proud to say that I did 1.0 miles in 19.55 minutes!!! Huge improvement!! Thank you, ELIZABETH!! 

More soon!!

- Jo Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment