The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Friday, June 28, 2013

A few days ago someone asked me if I listened to music while running. Actually, I listen to Army cadence while I run. It does a couple of things for me. First, I find it motivating. It brings back many memories of running in the Army with a Drill Sgt. keeping us going, in step and so on. Better yet, the double time cadence keeps you more or less at a pace of between 7.5 to 8 minutes per mile. Here is the funny part. When playing the cadences, the timing is different for each one. For those of you who were in the military, you know all about staying in step. For those of you who are non-military, when the cadence starts your left foot is on the ground. So, when each one changes in the playlist, you are usually out of step. I simply cannot run out of step. It won't work for me. That is so engrained in me that I have to take a skip or shuffle to get in step. I imagine others that see me running wonder what in the world is that guy doing with that "skip or shuffle thing" every two or three minutes.  If you want to try running to cadence, go to iTunes and search "cadence". You should have plenty of choices. Give it a try - it will keep you going...have a great weekend!


- Kevin Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment