The journey of several WMHS employees as they get ready for a 5K!

Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm on my way!

So today I met with Carey Moffatt, Health Educator & Certified Health & Wellness Coach, and Shauna, one of the trainers for our 5K. The reason I wanted to met with them is for two reasons. First, I am going to be on vacation and will miss the first 2 classes; and secondly I am anxious to get started with a program. We are going to do a lot of walking on our vacation and I want to be able to do the walking without any problems.

So Carey brought me a pedometer.  I put it on my shoe around noon today and wore it till I came home.


Shauna is going to send me the questionnaire I need to fill out so she can get me started. We have decided that I will do better starting out in our fitness center on the treadmill rather then walking around outside.

 I need to make a commitment to do this. I know that when it comes to doing a task at work, or if something needs to get done, I won't stop until it is finished. I'm the same way at home. I can't relax until all the chores are done. This is not the case when it comes to me....somehow I forget to take my supplements like calcium or vitamin pills...or there just isn't time for me to exercise....but yes I can fit in another volunteer project or committee meeting. I have got to find a way to take that resolve and tenacity that I seem to have for everything else and put it to me. So I looked at my schedule and next week is already booked crazy. But beginning the week of June 24, look for me in our fitness center. I blocked out a time all 5 week days through July 16.  After that we are getting ready to go on vacation. 

People keep asking me if I'm going to run the 5K. I don't know the answer to that. Right now my goal is to finish the 5K. That will be an accomplishment in itself. But I do know this...I am going to do this!

Oh and that pedometer...when I took it off it had 3,289 steps!  I could not believe it. At my height, 2400 steps = 1 mile.  I'm on my way!!!!


-Jo Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Jo,
    I am right there with you. I also went through my calendar and blocked off days to work on this. I also don't know about running the 5k, but I am darn sure I WILL finish!
    Let's go, girl!!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete